Monday 3 October 2011

Five Days

Its five days before I leave for South Africa, & I am too the point where I am not sleeping & when I do I wake up thinking of the things I need to do before I get there. I'm freaking out because I never really thought I would do something like this. Never left my family like this before, I think its now at the point that I am more afraid to leave then for me to be there.  I will be 9 hours ahead and half the world away, so it will be weird not to have to chance to pick up the phone and call my parents, grandparents, or my siblings. I know in the past I have felt like it was just me, but its never been. Now its really just me, and yes it freaking me out. Writing this it makes me sound all most needy, but my family is my everything. This experience has brought me so much closer to many family members who I have not been close to in a long time it feels like.

I guess all so it makes me think of my Grandma O... and how happy and excited she would be for me. I'm sad that she is not here to experience all this with me, but I know she is with me I always carry her in my heart.

I know once I get to Gordon's Bay it will be a culture shock for me. I have two homes here, I have been very fortunate in my life. It will be weird to have to worry about what I wear, and worrying about my safety and having a huge language barrier. There is so much that I am nervous for but so excited at the same time.

As you can see all of these reasons is why I can not sleep. Oh and on top of that packing! I always over pack! Now I have to actually focus on what I am packing.

I am so excited and so nervous, but now 5 days away.. Cant turn back now, wouldn't turn back now

Love & Rocket Ships
Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment