Sunday 30 October 2011

A night out in Cape Town

Another great weekend in South Africa. We went shopping all day Saturday on long street and I got the best shoes in the world!  Then we went back to dinner at Mama Africa’s. Dovie was our waiter that we met last time he is the owner son and he was our waiter again last night which is awesome. I shared the game platter with Anna & Rebeka so we ate Springbok, Kadu, osterage & CROCERDILE! Rebeka and I decided crocodile taste like fish and chicken mixed. After Mama Africa’s we went clubbing. We went to the Dublin, Space ( which was awesome) the the best was 31.  Dovie ended up meeting up with us at space, the he said he could get us vip at 31. 31 was a club on the 31st floor of a sky scraper. It was so amazing. The view was priceless. We were there for a long time and we drank a lot, probably to much. But Julia came up to me and we decided to go home but get some Mc Donalds first. It took forever to get Mc D. I had no clue what time it was. When we got in I looked at the time and it was 4:30 am! We later found out most clubs are open to 5-6 am here.
This morning we all were pretty rough. But I was pretty good because I ate and drank a lot of water last night. Anna & I decided to go see a movie. We saw The First Grader and it was amazing! The two South African movies I have watched are so amazing ( The bang Bang Club) then we went to the aquarium and had so much fun there! Found out you can swim with sharks there!!! I may have to look into that. The I was happy to come home today.

Funny Stories of the week:
Thursday was karaoke night and Rebeka did not look like she was having fun so I went up to her and asked why she looked so bummed out and she said she did not like karaoke. So I said all she needs is a shot so I went and got her and myself a shot. I got tequila she got Jager. We cheers and take the shot then she chased it with her wine and she made a funny face so I said “ Rebeka here this will help the tatse go away” and I hand her my drink. She took a drink and said “ That’s even worse!” Right away I started laughing to the point I wanted to cry because I looked at her and told her what it was . “ Rebeka that’s water!”
Also Thursday night was Julia’s birthday so we went out to dinner before hand. But I went up to her during Karaoke and said “ Julia I owe you a birthday drink so let me know when you want one”, “ Im fine right now thank you, but I will let you know” said Julia. About ten minutes later Julia comes up to me and she asked “ Can you get me a drink?”, I said “sure what do you want?”, She said “ A glass of water”. It was the cheapest birthday drink I have ever got.
There was also on Saturday night Rebeka , Anna ( They are from Sweden) and I were talking about my circuit training and how I was so tired. Then we started talking about scars and bruises. Then Rebeka looks at her knees and points. “ What are these?” she said. She forgot how to say knees.


This week at ACJ we are doing Netball, but one more day of circuit training.
Love & Rocket Ships

No comments:

Post a Comment